Thursday, March 28, 2013

Another Deal Signed

To some, my happy news many come as no surprise. Some may have even believed my contract for Dangerous Depths, book 2 of the Sea Monster Memoirs (the sequel to Tangled Tides) was already a done deal. But it wasn't. My publisher, Rhemalda, requires a full manuscript before they decide whether or not they want to offer on any author's next book. It took me much too long to send them Dangerous Depths (blame it on the unexpected chaos of life) but finally, a few weeks ago, I finished and hit send.

I hoped they would like it, but I did not assume they'd want it. Because you know the funny but also very true saying...
"Never ASSUME, because when you ASSUME, you make an ASS of U and ME."
 Good news. They wanted it. I officially signed the contract. It's a done deal.
*happily spins in the water like a mermaid*

Here's me and my Peter Pan/Prince Sometimes-Charming celebrating at Disney World with yummy cocktails yesterday. 
The release date will either be late this year, 2013, or early 2014. BUT, we are shooting for--and I am really hoping for--this year. Ironic that it takes me forever to write the darn thing yet I can hardly wait to release it to the world. (I never claimed patience to be my greatest virtue.) We will announce a release date soon after we discuss schedules with the dream team.

I'm so excited and grateful to be partnering with Rhemalda Publishing again on another book. They are a fabulous publisher and a great support. I'm already envisioning the cover for Dangerous Depths and I know it will be fantastic. Eeep!

If you'd like to add Dangerous Depths on Goodreads, here's the link.

15 comments:

  1. Congrats and drinks are definitely in order! Way to go on the contract (even I thought that it was a done deal for some reason...) Can't wait to read this sequel!! (But even more, I am impatient for Taking Back Forever.) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jenna! Your positive thinking must have made it a done deal. :) Taking Back Forever will be out SOON! Eeep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, congratulations!!! This is great news :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo! Congrats Karen!

    (And those drinks look yummo!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YESSS!!!! I've been looking forward to book two!! So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! Very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wohoo!Congratulations! I'm so glad we will get to read more from you. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so exciting!! Congrats!!! Can't wait. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, big congrats, that's a huge accomplishment:) Luv the blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. HUGE congrats to you, girl!!! Rock on, KPoop! :D <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. F-I-N-A-L-L-Y!!! I want it now! No, I want it yesterday!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

GRASPING AT ETERNITY SOUNDTRACK


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Blog Archive

Write. Read. Imagine. Create. Learn. Love. Live. Repeat.